Monday, September 14, 2015

Porto, Portugal x2


This weekend I decided to go back to Porto with some new, fellow exchange students I met Victoria and Julie. They are both american (partially like myself) so we had all kinds of things to talk about. Porto was even more incredible this time around. We had insane luck with our date as we just happened to pick the weekend when a huge festival was going on. Free concerts and tons of stuff to do. It was amazing!




 This is Victoria and Julie below. This was our first taste of the famous Porto wine. Unfortunately, wine is STILL not my thing. But boy am I trying.

 I also tried to be adventurous and try a new delicacy. It was salmon with a garlic sauce and mandarin oranges. Then on top you grate a boiled egg. The first three bites were fantastic then I couldn't handle that it was completely raw salmon. So I made the best of it and ate the egg instead. Very untypical of how you are supposed to consume it, but oh well! It was worth the taste of trying it.
 All through the city, there were tons of people playing music and busking. Until all hours of the night. Also the Ice cream was TO DIE FOR!
 Below is the view from my hotel. We were lucky to find a place to stay with the concert going on, but it wasn't cheap, mind you.




 I absolutely love how quaint the little streets are. They are adorable.
 A beautiful church in downtown Porto.
 And this was the breath-taking view from outside of the church. Wow times a thousand.






 Afterwords we took a Tram up the mountain, so we could cross the Point Louis Bridge to the other side and take a beautiful Tram down the mountain to the other side of Porto!


 And here we got to taste two types of wine. As you can see, we are still not a huge fan.
 BUT we did learn all about how to make it and why it tastes delicious to other people :P

 And finally in Oporto, I got to have my sushi fix. Have to admit, it's not at all like I am accustomed but it certainly was interesting to say the least. The last photo is what I got, and some of it is actually cooked. Which to me sort of defeats the whole idea of sushi in my mind. That being said, I am still glad I tried it.


No comments:

Post a Comment