Monday, September 21, 2015

Another down so we can have more ups!

I really, truly am trying to stay positive through out this entire experience. And as my family and friends know, it is some difficult. Each day is an emotional roller coaster of ups and downs. One minute walking on water, the next sinking quickly to the depths of the ocean. For exchangers, we just hope our friends and family will be patient through out it all and we thank you so much when you do!

Don't worry, I waited until the fire was out to take a picture. I'm not THAT bad. So this is the result of not being fully aware of what to do and what not to do in a new country. Simple mistake, I put my BRAND NEW Italian Coffee maker on a burner too big for it and the handle went up in flames. 

I smelled something burning and ran to the kitchen to see the fire just barely hitting the cabinets above. So I yell in English to my roommate "HELP ME! HELPPPP!" and despite the language barrier he understood and helped me put out the fire. And afterwards, I melted like my coffee pot in a pile of tears and just wanted to go home RIGHT then. I was in hysterics. He assured me that it was a little, understandable mistake (although he definitely was thinking "Damn, do I really have to live with this crazy Canadian? She's gonna KILL me.").  I still felt like crap. So I self meditated, went to the beach and did my best to shake off the feeling. 

As a good friend always says, "You can't always help the cards you are dealt, just how you play the hand."

No comments:

Post a Comment