Monday, August 31, 2015

Filling my time without internet.

Living without internet is more difficult than I had imagined. Even here, the life continues moving around technology. You have to call here, call there, meet people through this, add their numbers. Which leaves me looking very isolated. This is why I bought a cellphone. So I can call the different places and make friends easier.

Lately, I have been spending a lot of time reading, watching Spanish movies on the television and walking. Yesterday, I tried going for my first run. I figured I'd wait until it had cooled off in the evening but while the sun was still shining. Well, I died. The hills combined with the heat, kicked my butt.

I sometimes laugh when I find places that have used English names. And I wonder if they meant what the english word means or if it has some other meaning in Spanish.

 Also, if you know me, you'll know I despise mist. In thanks to the movie based off the book by Stephen King, I hate it. It's silly and unrealistic but I am positive monsters will come out of it, and eat me. Did I mention the mist sweeps in from the sea almost every night in Vigo? Yup. Lovely.
 Vigo is known as a huge fishing port. It's specialty is seafood and I have heard that I will never like the seafood from anywhere else after I have eaten it here. Good thing I love shrimp.


 This is a bocata! Which essentially is a sandwich. This one has chicken, bacon and cheese. It was delicious and not that different from Canada at all.
 Me: Post run. Sweating buckets. "If you're going through hell, keep going"
 Here you can even see the mist rolling in during the day. Lock the windows and bolt the doors, and climb into bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment